IGS PARTNERS WITH NEOGEN GENOMICS
Data Sharing for the Good of an Industry
Matt Spangler of the University of Nebraska says the future of the beef business will depend on information sharing.
IGS and the Pursuit of Better Cattle
IGS Feeder Profit Calculator ™ Highlights Profit, Reduces Risk
Using the IGS Feeder Profit Calculator, cattlemen are able to provide sire information, regardless of breed, as well as preconditioning, weaning and health data in exchange for a Total Relative Value that compares the profit potential of their calves to the industry at large. That value, indicated on a formal certificate, can be used for producer benchmarking and buyer insight.
Superior Livestock Representative Clint Berry says such technology is in line with what he sees for buyer demand. Continue reading.
A global collaboration of major beef breed associations seeks to empower commercial cattlemen with genetic insight and more powerful tools for better breeding decisions.
Modern-day ranching requires more information to produce better animals, and International Genetic Solutions is propelling the effort across multiple breeds. The aim is to provide more accurate selection tools that allow for head-to-head comparisons and maximum profitability — regardless of breed. “Tying all of that information together adds a lot of value to commercial and seedstock producers because it provides a set of EPDs that are comparable across breeds without doing a bunch of extra math to figure out how they compare,” says Bob Weaber, Kansas State University Extension Specialist. Continue reading.
Working Ranch Half Time SHOW
Does collecting data on the commercial cowherd really pay off? One rancher has been doing it for over 30 years!!! Come on along crew!!
"We put our data into the IGS database, so yes, we have genomically enhanced EPDs on every animal in the herd".
"I have better genetics. How do I get someone to pay me a premium for my calves?"
Find out what John Grande has to say on the Working Ranch Half Time Show.
Data Driven Value
Chip Kemp Featured on Superior Sunrise
IGS Multi-breed Genetic Evaluation Powered by BOLT
Jackie Atkins Ph.D., Matt Spangler Ph.D., Bruce Golden Ph.D., and Wade Shafer Ph.D. The genetic evaluation is constantly evolving with updates to models as new science is dis ...
- IGS PARTNERS WITH NEOGEN
- Check Out What We Have Done So Far
- IGS and the Pursuit of Better Cattle
- IGS Releases Multi-breed Genetic Evaluation powered by BOLT
- FAQs: IGS Multi-breed Genetic Evaluation powered by BOLT
- What to Expect with Multi-breed Genetic Evaluation Powered by BOLT
- The Value of DNA Information in the Multi-breed Genetic Evaluation Powered by BOLT
- Multi-breed Stayability: First EPDs Using BOLT
- Are the New BOLT-Derived EPDs More Accurate Than Previous Cornell EPDs?
Feeder Profit Calculator (FPC)
International Genetic Solutions offers free, third-party validation on feeder calves. Using the ...
IGS Around the Web
by Tom Brink, CEO | Red Angus Association of America Accomplishing more together than ...
- International Genetic Solutions Welcomes Newest Partner
- Management Perspectives: Use of Beef Semen Growing in Dairy Operations
- ASA's Wade Shafer Discusses IGS on FARM TALK SEGMENT 5 - Agri News 890
- Management Perspectives: No hype: EPDs work
- The IGS Feeder Profit Calculator (FPC)
- Upping the Accuracy With Single-step Genetic Evaluation
- Recent Developments in Genetic Testing and Genomic Testing
- Bob Weaber from KState and Larry Kuehn from US MARC
- IGS: We Collaborate You Profit
- A New Era of Objective Selection
- International Genetic Solutions Crossbreeding